Welcome to Wildlife TV/ Denbury Farm Forum

Where you can post about wildlife, webcams on Wildlife TV, ask each other questions and keep in touch with other forum users. As with the last forum we have no rules on your postings, we want it to be a friendly place, so no politics or religion unless it is to do with subjects that relate to wildlife. Please do not use the Forum to make contact about holiday bookings.

PLEASE SEND YOUR PHOTOGRAGHS To info@denburyfarm.co.uk

27,428 replies on “Welcome to Wildlife TV/ Denbury Farm Forum”

Copied this from the Barn Owl Diary on the website, although when I had a look tonight webcam wasn’t working, 5 eggs wow, hopefully they will work at some stage, they are trying to sort the problem out, fingers crossed the camera’s come back online.

April 2017

13th – After some very bizarre technical issues with how we stream the cameras, in which all our settings had been removed, both cameras are now up and running. Please be aware that there will be no one in the office until Tuesday 18th April.

The 5th egg was first seen at 12.10pm today although, due to the cameras being off, it could have been laid at any point yesterday or today.

12th – WildlifeTV is now back up and running. However, there appears to be a problem with our cameras (it never rains but it pours!). We’re doing our best to reinstate the cameras, please be patient, and hopefully normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately the WildlifeTV website, which streams our webcams appears to be down, and so our webcams are down too. There’s nothing we can do about this but hope that Wildlife TV are able to reinstate their website as soon as possible.

Nice to see the Osprey back how quickly it seems to have come around Its a Beautiful day today hope they enjoy the warm weather whilst it lasts. Ii just hope we have a good Summer fingers crossed eh… Karen Stoke

Not been on this wonderful website for a very long time. Just had a look at the web cams and saw all those babies running around. Can’t think of their name but they sure have lots of babies. Glad to see lambing has started – love watching the barn late at night.

Gosh Rosie’s Mum you really haven’t been on here for such a very long time but welcome back ! They are meerkats and seem to breed quite a lot !!!!!

Jenny x

Thanks Jenny, for the life of me I couldn’t remember what they are called. Looks like the breed well. Wonder if Mr.Farmer plans to sell them. Looking at the sheep and horses in a barn at the moment = love watching them. Came across that outragious womon who told piles of lies a few years back but can’t remember which site she was on. I do keep up with some of the good folks from this website. xx

Good to see the male osprey has returned to Loch of the Lowes and he has already started rebuilding the nest – pretty amazing !!!!! Wonder when the female will arrive !

Jenny x

How amazing is this ! It looks like the male osprey has arrived back at Loch of the Lowes and the last time I looked at the nest he was busy rebuilding ! Can’t wait for the female to return which hopefully she will !

Colin I see you are bringing the sheep in the barn for lambing season – hope all goes well !

Jenny x

Jenny, I’ve sent messages in the last few days in reply to Elsie and Karen’s posts about Margaret, but my posts haven’t appeared on the forum. However now I can’t see Elsie or Karen’s posts here either, so I wonder if some of the later posts are disappearing for some technical reason. Or it could be that my computer is not showing all the posts at present. It is very sad about Margaret, I remember her very well from when we both used to post on here regularly.

Hi Janet

I can see there was a message from you to Elsie and Karen dated 26th February and have looked back at previous messages that we all put on here and others appear to be missing, so no do not think it is your computer ! So sorry I can’t help you any more than that !

Jenny x

Jenny, thank you for your help in confirming that you think there appear to be some missing messages on the forum, and that it’s probably not my computer at fault.
May I also say that I am sad to hear about your husband’s illness and send my very best wishes to you both.

Thanks for your message Janet and yes a pretty hard time for us at the moment ! Sadly I lost my sister to cancer 3 years ago which was such a shock but life has to go on !

I love looking at the webcams on Denbury Farm and have been doing it for years now ! Keep telling ourselves that we will go and stay there but still haven’t !

Jenny x

Jenny, you sound very brave, the way you are coping with things. Hope you will get to go to Denbury Farm sometime – I remember that Margaret posted about when she went to stay there a few years ago, together with some photos of her visit.
I first found the webcams back around 2006 to 2007 when I came across a webcam that Mr.Farmer had set up which was showing his German Shepherd and her many brand new puppies – it was so lovely to watch them! I also remember when Mr.Farmer showed the birth of a foal on a webcam which was wonderful to watch.

Yes it is Jenny, she was a dear friend, and we met on the forum and kept in touch by phone for a good few years. She is out of her suffering now xx.

Yes Margaret certainly is out of her suffering now !

I am going through it with John as he is being treated for advanced prostate cancer, scans also show on both sides of the pelvis and also shown up on the autor (however you spell it) He is having chemotherapy at the moment 6 sessions and has had 3 with 3 more to go and then probably facing radiotherapy plus he is having a hormone injection every 3 months – so life at the moment is not at all rosy for us ! John was rushed to hospital after his first treatment of chemo with an infection and put on antibiotics so now the chemo has been reduced by 10% and he has a course of antibiotics 5 days after treatment ! He also takes steroids every day and unfortunately these can stop you from sleeping ! so he has been told to take them first thing in the morning which does help with sleeping but not always as he can sleep during the day too which I try not to let him do !!!! Oh the joys of getting old eh !!! but we are trying to stay positive ! Unfortunately John had prostate cancer 9 years ago and had treatment and was given the all clear and last year it sadly reared it’s ugly head again !!

Take care Elsie and love to you and Harold

Jenny xxx

Elsie and Karen, I did post two messages on here a couple of days ago saying how sorry I was to hear about Margaret – however my posts haven’t appeared as yet. I used to post on here a lot at the time when Margaret also posted regularly, and I remember her very well – thank you for letting us know the sad news of her passing. My memories of her include how much she loved and cared for the birds in her garden.

Yes Janet, Margaret used to make me smile about her feeding the birds they were lovely posts from her she was just a wonderful soul wasn’t she….Karen Stoke

Karen, yes, Margaret was indeed a lovely person. I remember how she used to get worried about the birds, especially if she was going away on holiday, always making sure her bird baths and feeders were full and everything clean and tidy for her feathered friends.

Would like you all to remember Margaret Southon She lost her fight for life this week sadly… She was a big part of this forum for many years a wonderful Woman RIP dear Margaret gone but never forgotten….Karen Stoke

So sorry to hear that sad news Karen, thank you for letting us know – I very much remember Margaret from when she used to post on this forum. I still read the forum but haven’t posted for quite a while.

Thank you also to Elsie for letting us know the sad news about Margaret. Elsie, I’m sorry but I had somehow missed your post of February 17 when I replied to Karen’s post about Margaret.

Well said Karen, She was a lovely lady and we became very good friends. I do miss her phone calls. Bless you Margaret.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *