Welcome to Wildlife TV/ Denbury Farm Forum

Where you can post about wildlife, webcams on Wildlife TV, ask each other questions and keep in touch with other forum users. As with the last forum we have no rules on your postings, we want it to be a friendly place, so no politics or religion unless it is to do with subjects that relate to wildlife. Please do not use the Forum to make contact about holiday bookings.

PLEASE SEND YOUR PHOTOGRAGHS To info@denburyfarm.co.uk

27,428 replies on “Welcome to Wildlife TV/ Denbury Farm Forum”

Great news Mick about your eye. Thanks for thinking of me but I am very positive and know I will get the surgery one way or the other so will be nice to have it done. Jan glad you enjoyed your trip. We are so looking forward to being able to hopefully go for a trip when this is all over. Karen hope you are OK. Have a good week everyone, Betty Canada

Betty, I know this is a horrible time for you right now having to wait for more results, but fingers crossed and hopefully it will be some good news.
Jenny, Yes I had the injection into my eye on Wednesday just gone and so far it has been the least trouble, I did not feel it being done and no bloodshot eyes also out within the hour (lovely).
Mr Farmer, I have noticed a lot of bats in and around the barn, but no owls. I would like to know what the close up cam is on as I feel it is too close for my eyes and can’t make out what I am looking at. I watched that wire across the lake for the kingfisher untill my eyes could not take it any more, I’m sure they were going boss eyed.
Karen, I assume things are not getting any better at the moment as I think you would have been on here giving us your daily gripe. so hope you get things sorted soon.
Mick

Betty keep staying positive !

Pretty quiet on the webcams today and so sad that Mabel’s nest is still very vacant !

Jan (Herts) We stayed at Little Munden this weekend as we went to the open air concert at Hatfield House, brillliant and the weather was hot hot hot even when we left ! Glad to hear that you had a good time at Wells next the Sea !

Mick so sorry I can’t remember if you went for your eye last Wednesday or this coming one, if last week then how did you get on ? Keep trying to get out and about it does you the world of good !!!!! I like your brothers photos

Elsie I know it is a bit late now but glad to hear that you had a good time in Durham and that Harold caught up with the Durham Miners Gala

Well dare I ask Karen but how are you getting on -had any sleep yet ! judging by the games you are playing on FB obviously not ! It will happen eventually !

All seems very quiet on the Farm but hope that you have a full house at Denbury Farm Mr Farmer ?

Jenny x

Now have to wait for the Princess Margaret hospital radiologists to read my test discs and then they will decide what percentage of likelihood of it being cancer. He said there is definitely a risk of cancer but it has to be higher than a certain percentage for it to be done in the Cancer hospital otherwise the local gynecologist will just remove the ovary and cysts which is fine. He will call me on the 28th July with their decision.

We hear the Barn Owls every night in the barn area, but they have not nested in our box. At least they know it is there. The barn webcam is at least showing the bats.
The Kiingfisher are nesting close to the Lake. I am leaving the camera showing a line crossing the Lake where they are perching waiting to dive. At the top slightly to the right in the dark area is where the pair are flying in and out to where they are nesting.

A new photographs on the gallery of Solo sent in by Becky a friend of Zoe who is now riding Solo. A different Horse and life from the first we saw of him

Jenny and Betty, I am still going strong and keeping chirpy, it is this week on Wednesday that I will be having the injection into my eye again, so looking forward to that. I have today been walking Abby around the local lakes so still trying to get out when I can. For me the spring is the best time to be wondering about in the forests for birds, summer is good for wild flower meadows and reptiles and autumn for fungi and migrating birds.
What do you think of my brothers wild life photos, he will spend the whole weekend sitting in his hide waiting for the right shot and most weekends he does get some really good ones. A lot of his photos are caught on Dartmoor as he holidays down there, the stoat in the wall and the wild horses I know were taken down there.
Mick

Elsie so glad that you had a lovely ride out, sounded great fun.
Jan glad you had a lovely time in Wells, we all need some time out
Will be sad for you and mrs farmer to see the Geese flying off. We have them all year here so sort of take them for granted.
Has been cool weather since we had the air conditioner put in!!
Mick hope you are well. Betty Canada.

We had a lovely time in Wells, Jenny, the weather was hot and sunny, walked around Pensthorpe, springwatch was filmed there in 2008 was nice but not worth the £11.25 entrance fee !!

I am sending this from a sunny Durham. Harold has gone to Durham City for the Durham Miners Gala which he loves. I don’t go as I find it too emotional and usually end up in tears. Jack took Harold and me for a lovely ride out last night, we went right along the coast from road Seaham Harbour to South Shields and back. This where they do the Great North Run, it starts at Newcastle and ends at South Shields. Really enjoyed having a taste of the sea air again.From where we live we are 74 miles to either coast, east and West. Whereas from here they are very near to the coast and only an hours ride to Whitby. Would have liked to have gone to Beamish Museum but not enough time. Have a good weekend all of you.

Mr Farmer are the Canada Geese and their brood still with you or have they flown the nest so to speak ? Also are the black swans still on the other lake?

Can you please tell Mrs Farmer that her photos of the Jenny Wrens were brilliant, how lucky you are having them at your back door so to speak !

I see from the webcams that you still have lovely sunny weather with you whilst we have rain, dark clouds and more rain expected over the weekend ! Today we should have had two men turning up at our house and our next door neighbours to erect two new fences for us but have not turned up yet obviously because of the bad weather so hopefully they will tomorrow ! I wouldn’t mind but the short sleeved tops are now away and we have returned to warmer clothes !!! it really is miserable ! Also it should have been our Grandson’s school sports day today which we were going to support but it was cancelled and is now on Monday and we can’t go to it as we are already doing something else !

I did manage to see a deer at the badgers feeding station last night, two badgers and a few large rats !

Elsie and Harold enjoy meeting up with your old friends over the weekend

Betty hope hubby is feeling a bit less stressed and wish you luck on Monday and hope you get some positive answers !

Karen have you had any cat naps yet ?

Mick you are very quiet are you gong on some more trips out ????

Finally Jan hope that you and hubby enjoyed Wells next the Sea and that the weather was kind to you both !

Have a good weekend everyone

Jenny x

Cool here too 21 degrees. That is because we had the air conditioning installed yesterday!! Am happy to have it done as it turned out to be a big job. They were here from 10am till 6pm. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

I see on the webcams at Denbury Farm that the sun is shining there, well here in Selsdon it has been chucking it down all morning and it is soooo cold as well !

Jenny x

Yes I think you are right Jan. Eagle Heights is about half an hours drive from us We sometimes take Sam our Grandson to see them all but in their cages !!!! Believe me he would run a mile if one landed near him and John and I can’t run that fast now !!!!

Jenny x

Mrs Farmer got this photo of the Jenny Wren fledglings when they returned to the nest this evening

Jenny, we took the kids to Eagle Heights years ago, the eagles were big, but Henry the vulture stole the show for us, he was a fantastic sight to watch 🙂

Photo on the Gallery of a newly fledged Jenny Wren waiting for a feed. They nested above our kitchen door. There are two chicks, the other not wanting to face the world yet.

Yes Mick you should certainly get out and about more providing your other half doesn’t mind playing chaeuffer (however you spell it) to you ! It will definitely do you some good ! Not far from where we live we have a place called Eagle Heights which has all sorts of birds of prey and they have a seating and viewing area where they let them fly off into the sky and then the birds come back and land next to you, well the first time we went i had a huge bald eagle land right next to me – oh what a shock I had as they are huge !

Jenny x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *